Ultimate Book Tag

I was tagged by Kathy over at Kathy Bosman—Romance Author to fill out the Ultimate Book Tagquestionnaire.

I tag Rae Rivers, Zee Monodee and anyone else that wishes to participate.


Image by Bev Norton : https://www.flickr.com/photos/catchesthelight/512179658/[/caption]

 

Do you get sick while reading in the car?

As I child, reading in the back seat of the car was no problem. Adulthood, has however, brought on severe bouts of sickness when I look away from the road for even a short time. So, no reading in the car for me.



Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?

To me, every author has an unique voice. Some I enjoy, others I don’t. As I read a lot of books, I can’t single out any one author that to me stands out.

Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.

Harry Potter wins hands down. Though I must confess of reading the Harry Potter series and watching the movies while only watching the Twilight Saga movies. In my opinion the Harry Potter series showed more character growth than the Twilight Saga. The Harry Potter series contains some lighthearted fun fantasy elements that I found lacking in the more serious Twilight Saga.
 
Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?

Nope, but I do have a handbag big enough to conceal a small elephant and leave room for my Kindle.

Do you smell your books?

Who doesn’t? Nothing beats the smell of a book when opened for the first time or one with yellowing pages that you have to handle with extreme care.

 Books with or without little illustrations?

I’m not overly fond of illustrated books except when it’s children’s fiction.

 What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)

None, if I liked a book nothing would change my mind about it. When you love a book, you love the whole of it, including the writing style, the writer’s voice and the story.

Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!

Being an only child for more than a decade and learning to read before I turned five years old contributed to me landing in hot water several times. I would become so engrossed in the book I was reading that my parents could call me at the top of their voices and I wouldn’t hear. Needless to say, I became very good at thinking up excuses of why I ignored them for fear that they would take my book away.

What is the thinnest book on your shelf?

Practical Wildlife Photography by Daryl Balour

What is the thickest book on your shelf?

The New Illustrated Oxford Dictionary

Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?

Yes, I write erotic romances and sedate romances (in Afrikaans). If you write stories down, you are an author.
 

When did you get into reading?

As I stated above, I could read before the age of five thanks to the wonderful attention I received from my parents. They always encouraged me to read and expand my horizons as we moved around a lot and that making new friends every couple of months, became too tiresome. Books quickly filled that void in my life.
 

What is your favorite classic book?

Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.

In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?

No. I was good at Language Studies, but my best subjects were actually mathematics and science.


If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?

Receiving a book as a present is always special to me, because only people that love me for who and what I am, tend to give such presents. Even if I’d hated the book when I’d read it before, I would accept the gift with gratitude. It’s the thought that counts more than the physical gift.

What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?

 

Book One in the Aliomenti Saga by Alex Albrinck[/caption]

The Aliomenti Saga by Alex Albrinck. These books have the potential to become international bestsellers.
 
What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?

I get sidetracked easily while researching material for blogposts and end up spending too much time reading unrelated material.

What is your favourite word?

I love words too much to single out one word. (Probably because I usually can’t find the exact one I’m looking for when I get excited.)

Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?

Definitely a nerd.

Vampires or Fairies? Why?

 Fairies. They’re mystical, magical, fun and usually friendly. Do I need to say more?

Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?

Angels. A good angel doing naughty things holds too much appeal to ignore.

Spirits or Werewolves? Why?

Werewolves! Spirits freak me out a bit….

Zombies or Vampires?

Vampires!

Love Triangle or Forbidden Love

Depending on the plot, I like both scenarios.

AND FINALLY: Full-on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?

Action-packed novels with a few (or a lot of) love scenes mixed in are irresistible.

Don’t forget to pop on over to Kathy’s blog to see how she’d answered the questions.

Comments

Popular Posts