Author Interview: Meet Vicki Ballante

Today we welcome erotic romance author, Vicki Ballante to our blog to share some of her life with us.

Vicki writes erotic and fantasy romance. She loves taking her characters into an alternate world where strange and sexy things happen. She lives with her patient husband and three noisy kids in South Africa. In between being a busy stay-at-home Mom who hates housework and spends half her life cooking everything from scratch, she runs several blogs, writes under another name, and buries herself in the delightful world of her characters. When growing up, her school friends asked her if she wanted to be a nun. She always said “no.”

Tell us a little about yourself. (What country you are from, where you grew up, married, etc.)

I live in South Africa and grew up in Durban before I branched out into the big wide world although Durban often calls my name. I’m married with three kids – two teenagers and an eleven year old.

What made you decide to write erotic romances?

My husband’s constant nagging! No, he did prod me to try, and I put aside all my inhibitions and took the plunge.

What in your opinion makes writing erotic romances different from writing other romance novels?

To be honest, it’s a lot harder! I write sweet romance too. There you have enough to consider, but bring in writing believable, hot, and varied sex scenes which all move the story forward – well you have a lot more to add to the mix. But besides that, it’s great fun.

What do you enjoy most about writing erotic romance?

It’s always about the romance – what holds the couple apart and what brings them together, but I think what I enjoy about erotic romances is often the sex brings them together and over-rides all their barriers.

What attributes does your typical hero have?

I’ve never been into writing the super alpha male. I like a guy with some kindness and tenderness mixed in with his manliness. And typically, an ordinary everyday guy!

Are you currently working on another erotic romance title?

Um…I’m in the middle of edits for three of my other books and brainstorming a new book, so no, not at the moment. But I have several brewing in my head (although they’re predominantly fantasy novels)

What books do you have published and where can readers find them?

This is my first erotic romance. It’s available for pre-order on Amazon and will be released on 5 September 2014. Here's the linkhttp://www.amazon.com/At-Second-Glance-Vicki-Ballante-ebook/dp/B00N5ES6I6



 

Four years after her divorce, Merryn decides she’s ready to find someone. Joining an online singles site, she connects with the perfect guy. Funny, sexy, sensitive. When he suggests they meet, excitement compels her to say yes. 

Kirk pines for his ex-wife, but realizes he must move forward. After several stimulating online chats, he believes she might be the one for him. Smart, sexy, and willing to experiment and learn. But when he happens across his ex, all his plans fly out the window. 

Will Merryn learn to relax and have fun without giving her heart? Can Kirk forget the past and become the man he longs to be? 

 
If given an unlimited budget, what would you love to shop for?

Um…new kitchen cupboards and appliances like a food processor and ice-cream maker.

Thank you for sharing a little about yourself with us today. Don't forget to grab yourself a copy of Vicki's new release At Second Glance.

 

Comments

  1. Lovely interview, Vicky and Ylette - here's to lots of sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the interview Vicki and I also love that you approach it as a romance and make the hot scenes believable. And I second Elsa, hope you have lots of sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Yolande and Vicky! :)

    Thoroughly enjoyed this interview. Thank you! Love the cover, Vicky and it sounds like a fabulous read. Happy release day!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, Vicki - it's clear to see you really enjoy your writing. Super cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely comments and support. Thanks, Ylette for having me on your blog and for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy release day, Vicki. Awesome interview. Wishing you loads of sales and a looong, prosperous writing career.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts